Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sharon Giovinazzo

I was working on and off on the project, not making much progress since the initial push. And frankly, I was not all that concerned. But once again, I ran into Lewis and he asked about it...so I felt the need to get going again. He emailed me the name of a woman who he met with in his new venture and hooked us up. This angel was Sharon Giovinazzo. She runs business development for the Raleigh Lions Clinic for the Blind (RLCB). They have a manufacturing facility in Raleigh that employs 85% blind or partially blind workers. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING! Sharon gave me a personal tour and showed me every inch of the place. With her walking stick in hand, she joked with each employee on the line and asked what they were working on. She knew them by name and asked about their personal lives. It was magical. What an unbelivable environment to work. Sharon and I spent about an hour and half together discussing my idea. She liked it too. And she was going to figure out a way to work with me to take the idea from concept to production.

No comments:

Post a Comment